Sole Sneak Privacy Statement
1. Who we are
This website https://www.solesneak.co.za/ (the Website) is operated by Sole Sneak and the address of Sole Sneak’s head office is Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa 1685.
References to “Sole Sneak”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” in this Privacy Statement mean Sole Sneak.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Statement mean any user of this Website.
2. Purpose of this Privacy Statement
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided to us. This Privacy Statement provides information to help you understand how we collect, use and share your personal information and our privacy practices with regard to any personal information collected by us from you directly and/or through the Website or the use of our products and services.
Personal information means information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name, email address, telephone number, MSISDN, biometric information and password, as well as any other personal data collected.
By visiting this Website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
3. Notification of changes to Privacy Statement
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this Website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data protection practices will change from time to time. If and when our data protection practices change, we will update this Privacy Statement to describe our new practices. If we do we will notify you next time to visit this site. We encourage you to check this page regularly.
4. Collecting your personal information
We are committed to informed and limited collection of essential personal information.
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us (including buying products online, over the phone and in a retail store or other retail outlet).
- Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a Pay as You Go phone or setting up an email account with us).
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint.
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey.
With your permission or consent and/or as permitted by law, we may also collect information about you from other organisations or third parties, if this is appropriate and allowed by law. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories ,credit reference agencies.
5. Anonymous data collected through this Website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our Website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Website.
Our Website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our Website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Likewise, if you reached our Website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, we also log that information. This assists us to maximize our Internet exposure as well as understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate: it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
6. The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the Sole Sneak products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, date of birth, home language, address, account information and email address.
- Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services.
- Your contact with us – such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
7. Use and analysis of your personal information:
We may use and analyse your information to:
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress.
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages).
- Provide the relevant service or product to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us, and services that use information about where you are when using your mobile equipment (location information) and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product.
- To administer this Website and help us improve our services.
- Let you know about other companies’ products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts we’ve specially negotiated for our customers).
- Provide aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual)
8. Access and corrections to personal information
Under the law, you have the right to access, correct, amend, delete your personal information or to object to the processing of your personal information.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you, for which we may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address.
Requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
9. Unauthorised third party access to your information
10. Governing Law
The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to your use of this Website.
11. Returns policy
- Returns and or exchanges are only accepted within 14 days of order creation.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it in. It must also be in the original, undamaged packaging.
- In the event of a return due to a customer fault, such as the ordering of the in correct size, the customer will be fully liable for all return shipping fees incurred. Shipping fees for collection within South Africa are R50, re delivery will be a further R50 (in total R100).
- In the event of a return due to a SoleSneak fault, SoleSneak will cover return shipping fees incurred.
- To book in your return please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or book in your return collection
12. Shipping info
- SoleSneak Online Store offers nationwide shipping.
- A tracking number for each order will be provided via email upon shipment.
- We will only deem a package lost if it has not arrived at the destination after 60 days. At this stage we will issue a full refund and make arrangements with the customer.
- Delivery times do not include Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays, and are subject to signature authorisation.
- Shipments go out Monday through Friday, not including public holidays.
- Orders with incorrect billing information, or requiring additional verification, will be delayed.
- Additional fees may apply for shoes with special or oversized packaging
- In the case of returned shipments, the customer is responsible for any and all additional shipping fees incurred.
- All orders are shipped double boxed with relevant labels.
- All shipments will only commence after full payment has reflected in SoleSneak’s account.
We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to us at the address set out in paragraph 1 of this Privacy Statement. We will store any correspondence from you at our offices.
Should you believe that Sole Sneak has utilised your personal information contrary to applicable law, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Sole Sneak. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, once the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 is in force.